Google's Web Accelerator - Another Way to Get Personalization Info!
Today Google has released a new application called the Web Accelerator
It is designed to accelerate your browser's page loading.
A few weeks ago I wrote an entry about gathering personalization data in order to provide personalized services and the different ways that companies can achieve it. In the comments there is a discussion of one such way: mining the web pages the user visits. Although something like that would probably be unacceptable to the public if done by a Browser, it could be totally acceptable if done in the backend, on Google servers, through the Web Accelerator.
There is a lot of information you can gather about the user from the websites he/she visits. So in principle the Web Accelerator is a clever idea and possibly a neat way to obtaining such information! Whether Google is planning to do this or not, I do not know, but the option is there for them and I wouldn't be surprised if they use it. After all, just recently there have been signs of a push towards personalization from Google with Search History and from Yahoo with MyWeb.
Tags
Personalization Web Accelerator Technology Google
It is designed to accelerate your browser's page loading.
A few weeks ago I wrote an entry about gathering personalization data in order to provide personalized services and the different ways that companies can achieve it. In the comments there is a discussion of one such way: mining the web pages the user visits. Although something like that would probably be unacceptable to the public if done by a Browser, it could be totally acceptable if done in the backend, on Google servers, through the Web Accelerator.
There is a lot of information you can gather about the user from the websites he/she visits. So in principle the Web Accelerator is a clever idea and possibly a neat way to obtaining such information! Whether Google is planning to do this or not, I do not know, but the option is there for them and I wouldn't be surprised if they use it. After all, just recently there have been signs of a push towards personalization from Google with Search History and from Yahoo with MyWeb.
Tags
Personalization Web Accelerator Technology Google

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home