I officially switched from Google search to Yahoo!
I have to say, recently I've been very disappointed with the results from Google search!
I used to be able to find at least a couple of relevant results when I searched for my name in Google. One of the most important ones was this blog. However recently I discovered that Google has lost many of those results and now my blog does not appear among the results. I was obviously disappointed ... so I tried Yahoo search. Surely, I thought, Yahoo would do no better ...
Not only did it do a lot better, it found pretty much ALL of the relevant results that I can think of! Not only this blog, but all of the other blogs I have.
I realize one example is not an indicator but there were others. In any case, this one has a sentimental value and I think its unfair that just because a search is not very common it is ok for Google to ignore its results and especially remove previously indexed results.
So I've decided to change my home page from Google back to Yahoo.
I used to be able to find at least a couple of relevant results when I searched for my name in Google. One of the most important ones was this blog. However recently I discovered that Google has lost many of those results and now my blog does not appear among the results. I was obviously disappointed ... so I tried Yahoo search. Surely, I thought, Yahoo would do no better ...
Not only did it do a lot better, it found pretty much ALL of the relevant results that I can think of! Not only this blog, but all of the other blogs I have.
I realize one example is not an indicator but there were others. In any case, this one has a sentimental value and I think its unfair that just because a search is not very common it is ok for Google to ignore its results and especially remove previously indexed results.
So I've decided to change my home page from Google back to Yahoo.


1 Comments:
Yeah I have to agree that Google is not searching blogs very well. My blog has dissapeared as well.
Well, I should clarify this. The blogs didn't dissapear. Google still finds them, but for some reason doesn't index them very well. For proof, try searching for 'pilchinsky' or 'apilchin'
I'm not sure what's going on. I did see this kind of behaviour before, and my blog has eventually reappeared. But I still dont know why programming blabs hasn't been found.
Post a Comment
<< Home