Some Great Concerts
Just this past weekend, I was at one amazing concert, the best I've been to in my life.
Everything about it was wonderful and exciting. It was at a huge venue, the Commodore, which is in the style of an old play theater. The place is classy, but at the same time not overwhelmingly so.
The concert was sold out, so this place was completely packed. The band I was there to see is called 'Arcade Fire', they are from Montreal and are just breaking through; most likely, they will be famous soon. The music was absolutely amazing ... the crowed was packed and the band just played their hearts out. Their music is quite unique and so its hard to describe it. I took lots of pictures and a couple of videos (will post soon). I've never actually heard of this band before the concert and only went because Brent, a friend of mine, told me about it. So I was pleasantly surprised to hear this beautiful music and can definitely say that this band is one of my favorites.
I've also been to a really good concert two weeks ago; the band from Germany was called Lali Puna. The music is a bit of a mix between soft techno and alternative. It took place at 'the Drink' and was really good! It was really refreshing to hear some unique sounds.
Amazingly both of these concerts cost me $13. There are tons of great concerts for a really cheap price here in Vancouver. All thanks to the many indy groups that come to play here. These is just one of the great things about this city.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home