Thursday, November 18, 2004

Enjoying Fall in Vancouver


I have been awakened to the beauty of the fall season once more :)

Having lived on the Eastern side of Canada for so long, I feel that I haven't really experienced the the full Fall and Spring seasons. The reason for that is that these two seasons tend to be rather short in Toronto: often due to a sudden jump to cold weather. In addition there is often a lack of fall colours in Toronto possibly because the city is not as densely populated with trees as some other cities like Waterloo or Vancouver.

In Vancouver, however, there is a lot more vegetation and a different type of vegetation than on the East. Therefore the fall season here is just beautiful and produces some amazing colours. The fact that it rains here often also helps produce really dense plants. Its really amazing sometimes walking through some nice parks over here and seeing all that beauty. What really makes it pleasant is the weather, which so far has been colder than past years, but not at all as cold as in Toronto. In fact, even now, you still see a lot of people biking and rollerblading in the parks.

What's really great is the fact that the rain here is just made up of small droplets and slowly comes down; rather than the heavy thunderstorms I'm used to back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home