A ride through Luang Nam Tha countryside
I ride my bycicle through the long dry streets full of shelter,
This is not new to me, so I don't stop for even one second.
I ride my bycicle passed the local villages with people going about their life,
I try to observe them the best I can, as I pass them by.
I ride my bycicle passed a group of people killing a dog for food,
They see me and hesitate for only but a second, I then see a rooster being put in a pot.
I ride my bycicle passed women and children carrying heavy peaces of wood or rice bags on their back.
They are heavy I know, and I wonder how far and how hard it would be for me to carry them.
I ride my bycicle passed the teenage kids having fun on their motorbikes in the country side,
They say "hello" to me as well, as I pass them by; only to have them steam by me a minute later.
I ride surrounded by rice fields and little huts everywhere,
The view and the colours brings great joy and peace to me.
I ride passed the women dressed in traditional clothes: weaving, creating in traditional ways,
I pause to observe out of curiousity.
I ride passed women chewing tabacoo, now with black teeth or no teeth,
I wonder why they would do that.
I ride passed little kids running and screaming "Hello" with joy and waving at me,
I wave back and enthusiastically answer with "Hello" in their language,
I ride through dirt roads and through villages, having a peak into village life,
They notice me and scream "Farang, Farang"
I ride passed the rivers with men, women and children bathing in them,
This is common here, by tradition.
I ride my mountain bike once more and I am rewarded with once again.
I ride back to the city; this remind me, I need to return my bike!!!
This is not new to me, so I don't stop for even one second.
I ride my bycicle passed the local villages with people going about their life,
I try to observe them the best I can, as I pass them by.
I ride my bycicle passed a group of people killing a dog for food,
They see me and hesitate for only but a second, I then see a rooster being put in a pot.
I ride my bycicle passed women and children carrying heavy peaces of wood or rice bags on their back.
They are heavy I know, and I wonder how far and how hard it would be for me to carry them.
I ride my bycicle passed the teenage kids having fun on their motorbikes in the country side,
They say "hello" to me as well, as I pass them by; only to have them steam by me a minute later.
I ride surrounded by rice fields and little huts everywhere,
The view and the colours brings great joy and peace to me.
I ride passed the women dressed in traditional clothes: weaving, creating in traditional ways,
I pause to observe out of curiousity.
I ride passed women chewing tabacoo, now with black teeth or no teeth,
I wonder why they would do that.
I ride passed little kids running and screaming "Hello" with joy and waving at me,
I wave back and enthusiastically answer with "Hello" in their language,
I ride through dirt roads and through villages, having a peak into village life,
They notice me and scream "Farang, Farang"
I ride passed the rivers with men, women and children bathing in them,
This is common here, by tradition.
I ride my mountain bike once more and I am rewarded with once again.
I ride back to the city; this remind me, I need to return my bike!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home