Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dynamo and SOSP Conference

Last week, I attended the 2007 Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP) conference. At the conference, we presented our paper Dynamo:Amazon's Highly Available Key-value Store.

Peter did a fantastic job presenting the paper and answering questions. We also seem to have attracted a lot of interest from those attending. I would often overhear people in the halls and on the bus talk about Dynamo.

Today, I was thrilled to find out that we won the Attendees Choice Best Paper award!

For me, it was particularly rewarding to reunite with many of my former team members and friends who worked on this project. It was especially great to do so in an academic setting.

I am very proud to have worked on this project, but for me, the most important part was the great people, atmosphere and the good times we had together ... therefore, it was especially meaningful to see some of these people again!
When I joined Amazon and the project, for the most part, we were all fairly new to the company, young and found it very easy to interact with each other ... so, there are many fun stories to speak of both at work and outside. To this day, I feel very lucky to have been part of this unique team and experience in the industry.

The conference itself was quite enjoyable, especially due to opportunities to interact with some of the big names in systems community.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home