Saturday, September 29, 2007

Last day in Lugano

The day started with some chores, but soon enough I was watching Ratatouille the movie with Ratatouille and his charmed, but ailing companion.

I continued on my journey to the other side of the river, where I met my good friend Lasaro at his home; he is the man who inspired me to come to Lugano. We had great conversations about things of value and interest as we walked on the streets. I was challenged on many occasions and enjoyed the power of thought. The weather continued to get better and I was very happy to be able to spend the time together with my friend. We went for a cappuccino during the afternoon, a forsaken thing in Italian parts. Perhaps it was my last cappuccino this time around in Lugano.

In the evening, I had a very nice dinner at Cedric's place along with Cristina and Vova. The food was fantastic ... I'm not sure of the recipe, but I would have it again any day. The hosts were very gracious, so it was difficult not to enjoy the caring treatment. I spent much of the time listening; there are times I enjoy just to hear the words flow ... they were flowing tonight, sometimes good, sometimes bad ... I've learned, but I'm not sure I've taught this night. At one point we were interrupted by a marching band.

They marched for Teressa ... it was some sight ... guided by a voice on tape and pleasant music, they seemed possessed as they marched through the night ... I feel this was important for me to see ... many years have past, but perhaps the world stayed the same!

On my way back to my place, for the last time this trip I saw the beautiful silhouette of Mt. Bolia under the moonlight and the sleeping sheep in the background.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home