Tuesday, April 05, 2005

My Visit To California

So I went to the Bay area in California this past weekend.
It was an awesome trip! I got to see a bit of everything and got to visit Alexi a buddy of mine from university.

I have to say that I really like the lifestyle there, the people, the atmosphere and of course the weather: it was warm and sunny there all weekend :) ... this is an awesome place to be!

For most of the weekend I stayed at Alexi's house on top of a hill and with an amazing view. I got to go checkout San Jose, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Francisco. During my time there, I went to a few local restaurants to try Japanese, Mexican and Brazilian food.

I also, saw the silicon valley with many of the company buildings there; Nvidia, Yahoo, Sun, Cisco ... it seems every big company is there!

Alexi was very nice to show me around San Francisco and take me to a couple of parties and restaurants in the area. At a house party we attended I got to meet the first real hippies I've ever seen 8) They were genuine and acted accordingly ... it was pretty interesting to see. Overall it was an interesting party w/ a jacuzzi, music improvisation, etc ... very different from what I am used to.

Two unfortunate events happened while I was there. First I caught a bad cold and lost my voice :( and second I missed my flight back ... because of which, I had to spend an entire day at the airport in San Franciso and the morning at the Dallas airport. If that wasn't enough; because I missed my flight, I also missed a test in one of my classes 8( ... which I made up for this morning ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home