Friday, November 12, 2004

MSN beta or another useless search engine?

Well MSN beta search engine was released yesterday. If you don't know, this is a new search engine by MS and is ment to compete with Google.

After doing some basic testing, I can't see any improvement over Google's search engine and no new or interesting features seem to be there for this release. Overall the search engine is pretty fast though and has descent results, but really gives me no reason to switch over ... so I won't.

One thing I hate about it is that it misreports resutls; I hope this is a bug. If you type a search that doesn't give may results, it would report some number say 600 and then if you click 'Next' it would show you that there were only 12. For now Google finds more results, but that is probably because the engine didn't index a big portion of the web yet.

Still, its a good attempt by MS to catchup as they usually seem to do when they enter a particular market recently, but no creativity on display here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home