L'Hello Version 2.0 - from Montreal
Bonjour,
Yes, its that time again...for a quick update on the life in Montreal of Monsieur Pilchin in his cozy apartment avec le cat!
The story continues in a cold and now completely snow-filled city; where the snow storm of 3 days ago has completely berried many things, including cars and sidewalks...yes, the cars were really berried in the snow and people spent the last two days trying to dig them out... was kind of funny, I left for work in the morning people were digging...came back people were still digging. Personally, I've never seen so much snow anywhere! But it certainly made the scenery look pretty, I wish I had a camera to take some pictures. You should not find it surprising that some people are using sleds to transport their children around town ;)
With regards to Moi, things are going well, work is good and really interesting -Its the only time in the past 4 years I got to play X-box :)- I've met a lot of different people here with different cultures and interest...I must say the whole process of starting from scratch is rather fascinating.
Ah, I can smell the culture in this city. The French (from France) claim there is nothing European about this city...but I say otherwise! Europe lives here (except for soccer and weather to some degree) and more than that, the world is here...the restaurants, the food, the sophisticated pub system, cafes and of course the people are all here. With regards to culture, this past weekend I have taken an exploratory journey to the Russian community. I have found it to be very similar to the one in Toronto and rather large with their own version of Video Corner, an Astoria restaurant, a Russian dj and other such fabulous symbols of our community back in TO. Yes, yes... even the number of silly Russian newspapers here is quite impressive.
This past weekend I was joined by a few friends from Toronto who dropped by for a visit. It was time well spent and although the ice-rink at the mountain known as Jay, "I'll freeze your ass", Peek and other car related "incidents" provided for some scary scenarios, it was definitely worth it.
My current plans include heading to the carnival in Quebec City and exploring more of the city - especially after I've started reading a guide to Montreal, which is quite resourceful.-
I know at least two of you care about 'le cat'...to put your minds at ease: he is doing very well and is mauing you a hello :)
That is all for now.
Cheers,
Alex
Yes, its that time again...for a quick update on the life in Montreal of Monsieur Pilchin in his cozy apartment avec le cat!
The story continues in a cold and now completely snow-filled city; where the snow storm of 3 days ago has completely berried many things, including cars and sidewalks...yes, the cars were really berried in the snow and people spent the last two days trying to dig them out... was kind of funny, I left for work in the morning people were digging...came back people were still digging. Personally, I've never seen so much snow anywhere! But it certainly made the scenery look pretty, I wish I had a camera to take some pictures. You should not find it surprising that some people are using sleds to transport their children around town ;)
With regards to Moi, things are going well, work is good and really interesting -Its the only time in the past 4 years I got to play X-box :)- I've met a lot of different people here with different cultures and interest...I must say the whole process of starting from scratch is rather fascinating.
Ah, I can smell the culture in this city. The French (from France) claim there is nothing European about this city...but I say otherwise! Europe lives here (except for soccer and weather to some degree) and more than that, the world is here...the restaurants, the food, the sophisticated pub system, cafes and of course the people are all here. With regards to culture, this past weekend I have taken an exploratory journey to the Russian community. I have found it to be very similar to the one in Toronto and rather large with their own version of Video Corner, an Astoria restaurant, a Russian dj and other such fabulous symbols of our community back in TO. Yes, yes... even the number of silly Russian newspapers here is quite impressive.
This past weekend I was joined by a few friends from Toronto who dropped by for a visit. It was time well spent and although the ice-rink at the mountain known as Jay, "I'll freeze your ass", Peek and other car related "incidents" provided for some scary scenarios, it was definitely worth it.
My current plans include heading to the carnival in Quebec City and exploring more of the city - especially after I've started reading a guide to Montreal, which is quite resourceful.-
I know at least two of you care about 'le cat'...to put your minds at ease: he is doing very well and is mauing you a hello :)
That is all for now.
Cheers,
Alex

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home